My Protein Shop: How Long It Take To Get 6 Pack (Formula Inside)

Sunday 8 April 2012

How Long It Take To Get 6 Pack (Formula Inside)


I get this question more than ANY OTHER. In fact I think this question gets asked more than the 2nd,3rd and 4th most asked question combined on my site.

So exactly how quickly can you get 6 pack abs or how long will it take? At the end of this article I will provide you with a very simple formula to work it out. And when I say simple I mean SIMPLE. I am actually working on a calculator that will do it more accurately for you but I just had so many people asking this question that I had to get something on the site asap! So yes there will be people who will have a lot to say about the formula I am going to show you but this is just an easy way to give you an estimate and something to work towards.

So back to answer the main question. How long will it take to get 6 pack abs? Well it DEPENDS!
Above I just mentioned that the calculation below will be an estimate and well that is all anyone could ever give you, an estimate. For example, when I started my body transformation I was 100lbs over weight. I went to a few fitness pro’s and asked them how long it will take to get six pack abs. After normally laughing for a while (probably thinking I would never get 6 pack abs, I am that far gone) they normally said “ Anything from 12 to 18 months “.  Well you all know the story by now; 6 months after I asked the very first guy how long it will take, I was ripped!

So was that a miss calculation on the fitness pro’s side? Well yes and no. See nobody knows how hard you are going to train. Or how committed you are going to be to your diet. Or even if you are on any good diet ( I used this Diet ) at all or have a results getting workout program. NO BODY KNOWS! Only YOU! And that is why nobody can ever really tell you exactly how quickly you will get 6 pack abs or lose fat and the best they can do is provide you with an estimation based on averages

The Calculation
So now that you understand that how quickly you will get 6 pack abs depends on many things and there can be a lot of variants let’s look at what is possible and how to find an estimate so that you can set yourself a realistic goal.
There are 3 things you need to know to be able to do this calculation.
  • Your own Body Fat %.
  • How much body Fat you can lose in one week.
  • At what Body Fat % does your 6 pack abs start showing.
The very first thing I want you to do is find your body fat %. You can go to a professional (Tell them you want a body composition test) to get it done accurately or you can use our calculator for an estimate (Go to Calculator).
Next we need to chat about how quickly or how much fat can you drop in 1 week. Remember we don’t care about losing WEIGHT because that can be water, muscle etc. We only care about dropping fat. This once again is a very controversial topic as everyone will tell you something else. Most people who will tell you how much fat your can drop have never gone through a body transformation themselves and they will just tell you what they learned out of a book. Now I personally dropped on average  0.9 – 1% of body fat each week for over 6 months. Most people will tell you that is crazy! It is not possible. I have the proof, and I did it. Obviously I was super dedicated. For example I am a chocoholic and for 6 months I did not touch chocolate. NO sugar passed my lips for 6 months! I trained 6 days per week every week. I ate dam healthy etc etc. I can go on and on but what I am trying to say is this. SURE it is possible but most people will not be as dedicated as I was. Most people are just too busy. They can’t be that dedicated even if they wanted to be. So what is a good average then? Well around 0.5 – 0.7% is what you should be looking for BUT even then you will have to be very dedicated ( The fitness pro I went to did it on around 0.5%). This number will be 100% dependant on how good your workout & diet is and how committed you are to both. 6 Pack Abs don’t come easy! Then again, that is why we want them, because it will set us apart from the other average joe’s!
Finally we need to find out at what Body Fat % you will start to see your 6 Pack Abs. One of the main things this will depend on is how well developed your abs are. The more developed they are the higher your fat % can be. If your abs are not very developed then you will need to get your body fat % down a lot more before you will see your abs. That is why the fastest way to get 6 pack abs is to make sure you develop your abs and then drop your fat%. But what is that magic number? Well you should normally start to see your abs at around 7 – 8% body fat for Male and 11 – 12% for females.
Ok so now that you have the three magic numbers let’s do the math’s and get you a number!

The Formula

  • ( Current Body Fat % – 7(12 for Females ) /(Amount of Body Fat Lost Per Week ) = Weeks it will take to get 6 pack abs
Let’s quickly run through the formula by using a male who has a 18% body fat.
  • Current Body Fat % = 18
  • Amount of Body Fat Lost Per Week = 0.6 (like I said, a good average is 0.5 to 0.7 so let’s take it in the middle )
So this guy’s formula will be:
  • ( 18 – 7 ) / 0.6 = Weeks it will take him to get 6 pack abs
  • 11/0.6 = 18.3 Weeks
So he should, IF he is on a good diet and workout program and is 100% committed to it have 6 pack abs in just 18 Weeks!
Now if this guy had very well developed abs and he was extremely dedicated he could cut down the 18 weeks to just 10. ( Calculated on losing 1% body fat per week and only needing to get down to 8% body fat )

Ok so there you are. Like I said, this is an estimation and everyone will be different. This is also a very safe and realistic figure ( Dropping around .5% body fat per week ). Sure if all you did was work out and stick to your diet 24/7 you could duplicate my weekly loss of around 1% body fat but always remember, do not try and achieve any of this by starving yourself as that is when it becomes dangerous. When people starve themselves and go and train like crazy! That is unhealthy and extremely bad.
So get onto a good diet , work out hard and I promise you, no matter what your number is or how many weeks it says above it will be before you will be ripped, the weeks will fly by and you will have 6 pack abs before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment